WHAT IS EPIDERMAL LEVELLING?
Epidermal Levelling is a safe, painless and highly effective clinical treatment designed to evenly and deeply exfoliate the skin of the face and back. This treatment may be performed every 4 to 6 weeks.
It improves the texture of the skin, reduces fine fair facial hair and helps significantly enhance the penetration of active products, such as retinol, lactic & salicylic acids and vitamin c.
Epidermal Levelling uses a specially designed scalpel blade to safely scrape the dead skin from your face. It tends to remove slightly more skin than microdermabrasion and also has the advantage of removing any annoying facial hair.
It is an excellent preparation for peels and can also be a stand alone procedure
WHY IS EPIDERMAL LEVELLING IMPORTANT?
- Epidermal Levelling is an integral part of all skincare routines as it provides the following benefits:
- removal of dead cell build-up
- minimises congestion and pore blockage
- increases the rate of new cell turnover in the deeper levels of the skin
- stimulates the production of the skin’s own collagen and elastin
increases absorption of active skin products (Vitamins A, C, etc)
WHAT TYPE OF SKIN CONDITIONS ARE BEST SUITED TO EPIDERMAL LEVELLING?
- sun damaged, blotchy skin
- fine lines
- Acne (grade 1 & 2) and congested skin
- thickened (hyper keratinised) skin
- diffuse redness and rosacea (due to stimulation of collagen and dermal thickening)
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT INVOLVE?
The skin is cleansed thoroughly and then degreased to ensure there is no residual oil remaining on the skin.
The skin is held tight and the blade is scraped across the skin at a 45-degree angle.
Once this is completed a mask can be applied and or we can further the exercise of your skin using the following treatments to enhance results
- Enzyme peel
- And or combining with Dermalux LED light therapy.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF LEVELLING?
Enhances activity and penetration of active home maintenance products for 4 to 6 weeks
- removes fine velous hair (does NOT grow back thicker)
- removes superficial Solar Keratoses